This is the submission form for concurrent sessions at the Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium on March 22, 2014. Each session will be approximately 45 minutes long. These sessions can be individual presentations, group presentations, panel discussions, and hands-on workshops.
The theme of this year's Symposium is "Engaging the Future and the Culture of Teaching and Learning with Technology." This theme will focus the event around how faculty and students are driving success by rediscovering the importance of what we do, investing in our community, and focusing on the possibilities ahead. We are especially interested, then, in sessions that illustrate how faculty and students are embracing new ideas and approaches to create innovation in teaching and learning. Please include in your session proposal a description of how your session relates to this year's theme.
The TLT Symposium Program Committee will review all proposals. Deadline for submission is Friday, November 15th. Notification of acceptance will be made prior to winter break.
Criteria used in evaluating proposals include:
1) Quality of the proposal, including merit of the topic, clarity of expression, and presentation objectives.
2) A demonstrated impact on student learning.
3) Applicability of the topic across disciplines and locations.
4) Active learning strategies involved in the session (for example: a pro/con debate, small group discussion, audience polling).
5) Relevance to the Symposium theme
For your planning purposes, we have listed here the technical provisions for the presentation rooms at TLT Symposium. Please review and note that upon acceptance, the planning committee will contact you directly to confirm your technical needs.
1) A Windows 7 laptop.
2) Access to a wired DHCP connection and access to local wireless network.
3) A projector.
4) Power source.
5) House audio.
For questions on the proposal submission form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* = required